We are excited to invite you to explore ministry opportunities with us in Worship and Outreach. Please see below for ministry area descriptions. Do these areas speak to your passions and gifts? Sonlight is looking for people to fill these part time positions that will join our gifted staff to serve our active congregation and community beyond.
To Apply: You can express interest here (ministry leader job application
). In your cover letter, please indicate which ministry areas you are most passionate and gifted in. Candidates are encouraged to express interest until filled.Worship
The primary focus of the Worship Coordinator is to assist in creating and coordinating Sonlight’s worship activities to create an environment and experience that is Christ-centered, God glorifying, and reflects the gifts of God’s people. The Worship Coordinator recruits and schedules volunteers involved in worship including the audio-visual team.Primary job responsibilities:
- Collaborates with the pastor and worship volunteers to craft biblical worship services which includes collaborating in the planning process, communication and scheduling, and supporting rehearsals as needed.
- Participate as a member of a worship team or lead a worship team in the rotation for Sunday services. (Not leading each week).
- Recruits musicians, vocalists, and other worship participants, including audio-visual technicians.
- Overseeing the creation and maintenance of livestream, recordings, and podcasts of worship services.
- Ensures that schedules are maintained for worship leaders, participants, and AV volunteers.
- Partners with other staff in developing children and youth specific worship opportunities as needed.
The primary focus of the Outreach Pastor/Director of Sonlight is to equip and assist the Sonlight congregation in developing relationships within the community and beyond that enable us to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ.Essential job responsibilities:
- Provide oversight and leadership for all outreach ministries.
- Recruit, train, and educate volunteers to actively engage in outreach ministries.
- Develop resources for individual and small group study on outreach/evangelism.
- Promote opportunities for the Sonlight community to engage in local, regional, and global mission opportunities.
- Intentionally follow up with non-member individuals or families who participate in Sonlight ministries.
- Develop and lead a congregational approach to engaging and enfolding new attenders and members.
- Participate and help to provide leadership to the Sonlight Missions Committee.